Whether you’re doing a kitchen renovation in Oak Brook or a total kitchen remodel in Willowbrook, there are many key decisions you have to make, from finishes to layout to design. The cabinets you choose will make a big impact in your new kitchen. Not only do they need to be functional, but they should match your personality and design tastes as well.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed by where to start, we’ve got some helpful tips to help your choose your kitchen cabinets.
Making the Right Kitchen Cabinet Decision
- Set a Budget: Cabinets can be one of the biggest expenses in your kitchen renovation, so it’s important to know how much you can spend on this aspect of the kitchen design. This may be an area where you want to splurge, or you might prefer to save here and spring for higher-end countertops instead.
- Know Your Options: Once you know your budget, you can determine what kind of cabinets you can afford. There are three options: stock, semi-custom, and custom. Stock cabinets are the most affordable option and come in preset styles and sizes. Semi-custom offers a little flexibility in terms of configurations, and custom cabinets are specifically made for your kitchen.
- Pick a Door Style: There are a variety of kitchen cabinet door styles, so it’s important to choose one that fits your style or design aesthetic. You have options like shaker or inset for a more classic style, distressed if you’re going for a vintage look, or beadboard, which works well in a country kitchen.
- Consider Colors: Some people are very drawn to white kitchen cabinets, while others prefer wood tones like Oak or Cherry. There’s also the option of colored cabinets, which span the shades of the rainbow. If you’re unsure of which is the right choice, your kitchen designer can help you determine what works best with the overall theme or style.
- Accessorize: Once you know what your cabinets will look like, you can choose what kind of cabinet pulls you want. You can go simple and clean with understated pulls or handles, or you can add a bit of flair with a funky design or color.
Build the Kitchen of Your Dreams
Now that you have a better idea of how to choose the cabinets for your kitchen renovation or remodel, you can take the next step in building your dream kitchen. The experts at Meeder Design & Remodeling in Elmhurst are ready to make your dream a reality, and we welcome you to get in touch to schedule a free consultation.